OT-CRF

  • Vickie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
      My mom lost her cat abt week after Baby died. sigh,
      now she has another cat who's # are high, but in the past
      he's had kidney infection?

      So my question is what kinda of treat can my mom give her
      cat that is low in protein? He was really liking baby food,
      but the vet told her to give him less to high. he was meowing
      for it. I brought over some treat I got for Baby, which him
      nor my cat's nor the strays liked. LOL my mom's cat licked it
      but that was it, which was good, cause it too was high in protein
      but didn't say how many pc. The dogs like the treat. LOL

      Thanks
      Vickie
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
        hi Vickie,

        It depends on if this is for what you're going to feed him as
        regular meals or just once and a while treats. Turkey and chicken
        baby food are lower in protein than beef or lamb. Any meat based
        treat is going to be most likely high in protein. I don't think it's
        that bad if it's just a treat and not a stead diet to give baby
        food. A lot of folks on the CRF groups I'm on give it often when the
        kitties won't eat their regular food.

        You could either boil up or bake some skinless turkey or chicken
        breast for a treat.

        Here's a link to a site that has protein and phosphorus contents of
        various foods. http://webpages.charter.net/katkarma/canfood.htm

        Here are links to the 3 CRF groups that I know of. You might join
        and ask them too. The first two are smaller groups, the third is a
        very large group.

        Hope this helps.

        hugs,
        Carol and Snowball and the gang