Patch is dying

  • Catherine Browning
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2008
      He threw a clot to his liver, they're resuscitating until we get ther.

      Catherine
    • Catherine Browning
      Message 2 of 4 , May 29, 2008
        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Browning"
        <Catherine.Browning@...> wrote:

        > He threw a clot to his liver, they're resuscitating until we get ther.
        >
        > Catherine

        He didn't make it. The liver clot caused jaundice, his blood pressure
        dropped, and he just died, about 5 mins before we got there. He's home
        now, we'll be burying him later today. He is survived by his brother
        Claude and sister Tuppenny, his mum Kitty and by myself and my mum.

        Claude and Tuppenny seem to KNOW. They sniffed me all over, Claude got
        quite aggressive about it, grabbing hold of me to sniff me all over.
        The mother seems nonplussed, but then again she doesn't give the
        appearance of liking her kids all that much, she just tolerates them.

        It hurts so much. I went through this with Topsy, my first cat who
        lived to be 18 (maine coon build/looks, though not pedigree) before
        throwing a clot. Then Patch's older sister (by 30 mins), about 3 years
        ago. And I still have Claude and Tuppenny, who are also HCM.

        I don't know how to face the world without my Patchman.

        Thank you to everyone for your support. He survived 34 hours from the
        clot, and I believe you all helped.

        In pain and gratitude,

        Catherine, Kitty, Claude and Tuppenny
        Topsy-Angel, Buttons-Angel and Patch-Angel
      • jamander33
        Message 3 of 4 , May 29, 2008
          Catherine, I am sorry for you and Patch. I sure hate to hear it.
          Please know I am thinking about you and praying for you and your
          family. Amanda

          > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine Browning"
          > <Catherine.Browning@> wrote:
          > >
          > > He threw a clot to his liver, they're resuscitating until we get
          ther.

          > > Catherine
          >
          > He didn't make it. The liver clot caused jaundice, his blood
          pressure
          > dropped, and he just died, about 5 mins before we got there. He's
          home
          > now, we'll be burying him later today. He is survived by his
          brother
          > Claude and sister Tuppenny, his mum Kitty and by myself and my mum.
          >
          > Claude and Tuppenny seem to KNOW. They sniffed me all over,
          Claude got
          > quite aggressive about it, grabbing hold of me to sniff me all
          over.
          > The mother seems nonplussed, but then again she doesn't give the
          > appearance of liking her kids all that much, she just tolerates
          them.

          > It hurts so much. I went through this with Topsy, my first cat
          who
          > lived to be 18 (maine coon build/looks, though not pedigree)
          before
          > throwing a clot. Then Patch's older sister (by 30 mins), about 3
          years
          > ago. And I still have Claude and Tuppenny, who are also HCM.
          >
          > I don't know how to face the world without my Patchman.
          >
          > Thank you to everyone for your support. He survived 34 hours from
          the
          > clot, and I believe you all helped.
          >
          > In pain and gratitude,
          >
          > Catherine, Kitty, Claude and Tuppenny
          > Topsy-Angel, Buttons-Angel and Patch-Angel

        • amanda
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2008
            Oh Catherine, words just can`t say how sad and sorry I am to hear that Patch didn`t make it. It`s the first time that I have heard that a cat can throw a clot to the liver! Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers, you are truly a wonderful cat mum caring for all those HCM kitties, God bless and you did all you possibly could for Patch . You may like to add nattokinase to your other cats supplements if they are taking any, because it can also prevent blood clots too! And if you ever want to talk more about your beloved Patch, please don`t hesitate to email us , hugs and prayers, Amanda and Silver chan and angels Honey chan, Baby and Blacky.