Nattokinase and reperfusion injury?

  • Catherine Browning
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2008
      Hi all,

      The vets didn't want to give Patch the Nattokinase because of the risk
      of "Reperfusion Injury". I've been reading up about Reperfusion
      Injury, which I basically understand to be that the clot is helping
      keep all the toxins in his legs from flooding his system.

      As he's currently stable with the exception of the clot, they don't
      want to risk this, which is why they didn't want to give Streptokinase
      (which they knew about). They didn't know about Nattokinase though,
      and I don't know enough about it to demand it as a treatment option,
      especially when the side effects seem so dire.

      Does anyone here know about Nattokinase and reperfusion? It's now been
      25 hours since the onset of the clot...

      Thankyou!

      Catherine and Patch.