Re: Newly diagnosed with CHF

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2008
      hi LaReina,

      Welcome to the group.

      I think I would take her to a cardiologist as soon as you can. After
      a few days on the medications, I would expect her to be breathing
      better, and since she's not and it sounds like maybe she's feeling
      worse, she may still have fluid in there and the Lasix isn't taking
      care of it. She may need to have her dose adjusted or maybe have the
      fluid taken out (a chest tap done with a needle). The cardiologist
      can do an ultrasound and find out what's going on with the heart
      (size, function, etc.) and maybe change or add other medications to
      address it. I don't like that she coughed for 15 minutes. That
      would be a red flag for me.

      Please keep us posted.

      Carol and Puddy Boo Punke MeanMama Misty Snowball and Chelsea
      (angels Fritzy Sweetie Ducky Bouncer and Muffy)

      "I know you're there...a breath away's not far to where you are."