Re:Heartbroken over sudden death in my cat

  • amanda
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2008
      Hi, I had a cat which died suddenly of a heart attack, he too was totally healthy, he died in front of my eyes after having a fight with anorther cat, I felt guilty and still do because I didn`t even try CPR he did cough a couple of times, but I thought it was fur in his mouth from the fight, then when I went to pick him up, he went limp in my arms, I layed him down but he didn`t move, just took a couple of gasps and was gone, I thought he died because of being biten in the neck, some airway or something, but it was a heart attack! I think the best way I got over it was knowing that nobody is perfect and we can`t know everything and cats are so clever at hiding they`re illnesses from us. Lets say that my cat and your cat didn`t suffer and they`re death ,though sad was quick and quite painless, though we shall always miss them. It helped me get through my cats death by talking to people here, take care and feel free to email me and this forum anytime, God bless , Amanda and Silver chan and angels Honey chan, Baby and Blacky.