Spironalactone

  • meower_20
    Message 1 of 6 , May 26, 2008
      Thank you all for your emails and posts regarding my questions of CHF
      symptoms. Bearhug is my 17year old cat taking enalapril, proprolonal,
      l-carnatine, methimazole, coq10, vitamin supplement, ,lasix, spiro,
      and subqs. His appetite has dropped off greatly over the last two
      days and had diarrhea today. He had a fluid in the lungs last Monday
      and had to be taken to the ER where they gave him a shot of lasix.
      The ER vet gave him a couple of days to live. Spironalactone and l-
      carnatine were added to his medication regime last Thursday. He had a
      great day Friday with a ton of energy ...even stalking my dog, but has
      gone downhill very quickly over the weekend with his lack of
      appetite.
      Has anyone had problems with the spiro or l-carnitine upsetting their
      cat's stomach? I always try to give the pills with food...of course
      it is getting harder since he is not wanting to eat.
      Kelly