I am new here

  • fredsus1@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2001
      Hello,

      In joining, I see some familiar faces, and on the advice of my dear
      friend Voula, I am joining.

      I hope you don't mind a short post, I am so exhausted I almost forgot
      to feed my dog.

      I have four cats, I treat them all holistically and 3 of them are
      over age 17, all three have crf. Cakie has pancreatitis on top of it
      so I have quite a time of it.

      Saturday I had to rush little Jerkie to the vet as he was coughing
      and had trouble breathing. They took a chest x-ray and his heart is
      quite enlarged, only a bit of fluid on the lungs. They sent me home
      with lasix and enacard 2.5 mg to be taken at 1/2 tablet a day. The
      lasix helped stop his "bellows" breathing and coughing and he seems
      much better.

      Unfortunately I have had to ask IMOM organization for help getting an
      ultrasound as many people have urged me to get a cardio vet and an
      ultrasound to get a definitive diagnosis. This is scarey, juggling
      both diseases.

      I am just wondering what are the side effects of enacard and what
      should I expect from the ultrasound visit?

      I will post the prognosis when I get it but I really want to treat
      this with as much alternative measures as possible as he has kidney
      disease but I of course am going to do the best for HIM.

      As a side note, has anyone used Standard Process Cardio plus? I am
      using Renatrophin PMG with excellent results for his kidneys.

      Thanks so much for help!

      Susie and the Bums (Goofey, Jerkie, Cakie and Libby)
      Snohomish, Wa