Introducing Mellie

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2008
      Our Mellie was diagnosed today with advanced HCM after having US and
      I think I will learn much from this group. Two days ago she had 4
      events of either syncope or seizure... docs all say syncope until
      they realize she is keeping her eyes closed and then they say
      seizure. She is rarely awake but can raise her head and can walk,
      albeit unsteadily, and get from one side of the room to another.
      This evening we started her on low dose enalapril (1/4 of a 2.5 tab
      twice daily, which is the same dose her sister is on to improve blood
      flow in kidneys) and I hope to soon get an appt somewhere with cardio
      doc. We are in NWOhio if anyone has any suggestions. She spent
      Tuesday night at the ER and was transferred to referring vet for
      daycare, her last event was Tuesday at 11pm. She spent today at the
      vet and is home with us again tonight. If she is still as
      sluggish/depressed in the morning the vet will keep her again (he has
      her on IV Normosol during the day), but if she is more alert and no
      more events then he will remove the IV needle and release her to us.

      I do hope I can spend tomorrow doing much reading here. Please, if
      anyone has any experience with keeping the eyes closed please let me
      know as I'm hoping we can handle the one problem but I do hope she
      isn't having two problems at once.

      Carol