Re: Time to say goodbye

  • jamander33
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2008
      Judith, Goodbye and thank you for being here a part of this
      wonderful group. Thank you for sharing Nessi's autopsy results with
      us. I am so sorry again for what you went through and what you are
      still going through. Sometimes it is best to get away from it all
      (which includes reading these daily posts) to truly heal. Best to
      you always, Amanda

      > It's been almost 4 months since little Nessi became an angel and
      now
      > it's time to say goodbye to this wonderful group. It has been so
      > difficult adjusting to her going away but slowly, slowly, my two
      cats
      > and I are getting there.
      >
      > Thank you for all the support and thank you all for those
      wonderful
      > condolence emails I received. I have never been able to write a
      > condolence email but for those who have lost their beloved
      kitties, my
      > heart was always with you.
      >
      > Nessi had hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopthy with mitral valve
      > regurgitation and developing left atrial enlargement. She was her
      > bright, cheery, active self until one day before she died. The day
      > before she spent at the veterinary school hospital because I awoke
      > find that she was having great difficulty breathing. It was a
      Saturday,
      > and there is only an emergency staff there that day. She returned
      home
      > that evening her old self and died at 6 AM the following morning.
      I sat
      > next to her and watched her final moments in this world. It was
      very
      > fast.
      >
      > For those who are interested, the autopsy report said cause of
      death
      > was lesion myocarditis. Her heart showed chronic multifocal and
      sub
      > endocardial myocarditis with a secondary myocardial hypertrophy.
      >
      > In English, she died of an inflammation of the heart muscle.
      Causes can