Tomorrow Sat 3wks, not easy

  • Vickie
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2008
      It's hard to believe Baby will be gone 3wk tomorrow. I miss him so much
      I get so, i can't explain. Such a build up of hurt. I think (cry)
      Fridays are hard casue I don't have the weekend to spend w/Baby. I
      didn't leave much on the weekends, I wanted to spend as much time w/him
      as I could. I know I should be greatful that Baby lived much longer
      then the 6-12 mo, i got 3yrs.

      I'm just so mad that these dam pills that we give them to make there
      heart work, ends up attaching there kidneys, and yet again, I guess
      i'm lucky it took 3yrs.

      I so miss stairing into his big green eyes, and he meow and throw his
      head back, was a game I played w/him. I miss watching him sleep and
      have his dreams. I miss looking at the long fur coming out of his ears,
      and between his toes. I miss him tapping on my eyelashs to get me to
      get up. I miss him telling me to feed him, I just miss....

      So know i'm on medicatin to get through this, which I miss taking it
      on a lot of days, but it's helped, guess if i stay on it long enough,
      will get to my kidney's too.

      My mom had to let one of her cats go, on Monday to RF as well.

      As for Nala, and her very high CPK, Baby's cardio vet doesn't think
      that it's heart related, she said, as most of know, that even cat's
      w/heart diease don't have high CPK. So I will leave Nala a lone, I
      hope it's not a mistake, but on the other hand what to find out she
      may have something, pump her w/pills that will kill her kidneys in
      the end? Again, I guess I'll just wait and see. Fot the most all
      her lab work was great, she is just a nut job, I bottle feed her, and
      he get scared from so many things, and just pulls fur out as she's
      cleaning herself.

      ok will all let you go, thanks for being there for me all these years.

      And those that are new don't let this scare you, but there is hope
      that you can spend extra time w/your kitty, w/all the love care and
      extra attn. That's one thing I was told by the vets and cardio vet
      is that I gave Baby a lot of attn, and learned him and his ways, and
      knew when something was off.

      Thanks
      Vickie
    • jamander33
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2008
        Vickie, I know how much you miss Baby. I have lost 2 precious
        kitties and I miss both of them to this day. They are still such a
        part of me. Both were quite ill before they passed, one for a long
        time. There is such a special bond that is formed when nursing a
        sick cat. I do that same thing, I miss certain things about my Riley
        and Ella. Please know that I am thinking about you and praying for
        you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Amanda

        > It's hard to believe Baby will be gone 3wk tomorrow. I miss him
        so much
        > I get so, i can't explain. Such a build up of hurt. I think (cry)
        > Fridays are hard casue I don't have the weekend to spend w/Baby.
        > didn't leave much on the weekends, I wanted to spend as much time
        w/him
        > as I could. I know I should be greatful that Baby lived much
        longer
        > then the 6-12 mo, i got 3yrs.
        >
        > I'm just so mad that these dam pills that we give them to make
        there
        > heart work, ends up attaching there kidneys, and yet again, I guess
        > i'm lucky it took 3yrs.
        >
        > I so miss stairing into his big green eyes, and he meow and throw
        his
        > head back, was a game I played w/him. I miss watching him sleep
        and
        > have his dreams. I miss looking at the long fur coming out of his
        ears,
        > and between his toes. I miss him tapping on my eyelashs to get me
        > get up. I miss him telling me to feed him, I just miss....
        >
        > So know i'm on medicatin to get through this, which I miss taking
        it
        > on a lot of days, but it's helped, guess if i stay on it long
        enough,
        > will get to my kidney's too.
        >
        > My mom had to let one of her cats go, on Monday to RF as well.
        >
        > As for Nala, and her very high CPK, Baby's cardio vet doesn't
        think
        > that it's heart related, she said, as most of know, that even cat's
        > w/heart diease don't have high CPK. So I will leave Nala a lone,
        > hope it's not a mistake, but on the other hand what to find out she
        > may have something, pump her w/pills that will kill her kidneys in
        > the end? Again, I guess I'll just wait and see. Fot the most all
        > her lab work was great, she is just a nut job, I bottle feed her,
        and
        > he get scared from so many things, and just pulls fur out as she's
        > cleaning herself.
        >
        > ok will all let you go, thanks for being there for me all these
        years.

        > And those that are new don't let this scare you, but there is hope
        > that you can spend extra time w/your kitty, w/all the love care and
        > extra attn. That's one thing I was told by the vets and cardio vet
        > is that I gave Baby a lot of attn, and learned him and his ways,
        and
        > knew when something was off.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Vickie

      • Lisa Clarizia
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2008
          It is hard, but it gets better.

          With Baby Boy, the hardest thing was the "absence of care." From the night
          he was diagnosed it was all Baby Boy, all the time. Yeah, I did other stuff
          -- paid attention to the other kitties, went to work, the occasional night
          out with friends and all that. But over all that was Baby Boy -- what was
          his respiratory rate that day, how is he eating, hmmm, maybe a little extra
          lasix today, is there another supplement I can use to help him ...

          For all that time he was my priority, and then relatively suddenly, it was
          time to let him go and all of a sudden, there was no Baby Boy to care for.
          It was only after he was gone that I realized just how much time and energy
          I devoted to him, and how his condition dominated my thoughts, both
          conscious and unconscious. I never looked at him without at least
          unconsciously assessing his condition. Yes, this intensive nursing care
          meant he did great clinically and got to live like a "normal" cat, but it
          takes more out of you than you realize. Even the unexpected addition of a
          tiny kitten (Morsel) just days after Baby Boy passed wasn't enough to fill
          that void.

          But time heals all wounds. I almost always write to those who have lost
          their kitties that in time they will be able to remember their babies with
          nothing but happiness, and it's true. 99% of the time when I think about
          Baby Boy, which is at least once a day, I think about what a great cat he
          was. That he died so young from a stupid heart disease sucked, it wasn't
          fair and it can bring me to tears that other 1% of the time. And as time
          goes on I'm better able to put it in perspective. This was his allotted
          lifespan. With the help of this group we 'beat' the disease in that I was
          able to keep him feeling well clinically, even though there was nothing I
          could do to reverse it.

          You did the same for Baby. Three years was amazing. It wasn't long
          enough, but then it's never long enough. He couldn't have done it without
          your loving care, and it's so hard because he doesn't need all that time
          and energy any more. It's hard now but you will never regret all the time
          you spent with him and in time it will hurt less and less. I promise.

          Lisa