which sites?

  • joannamichelle72
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27, 2008
      Hello to you all,
      I'm interested in buying for my boy; Coenzyme q-10,
      L-carnitine,
      Jarrow-b vit
      and Taurine.
      Could you tell me at all where you order these products? I already
      ordered Tumil-k from the Scooter site and I had it within a few days.
      Really easy.
      Best wishes, joanna and Sammy White.
    • Judi Levens
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2008
        While we're shopping, can I add to the list some good canned cat food and where to buy it? thanks very much...Judi and Max

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.comFrom: joannarimmer72@...: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:29:16 +0000Subject: [FH] which sites?

        Hello to you all,I'm interested in buying for my boy; Coenzyme q-10,L-carnitine,Jarrow-b vitand Taurine.Could you tell me at all where you order these products? I already ordered Tumil-k from the Scooter site and I had it within a few days. Really easy.Best wishes, joanna and Sammy White.

      • Sharyl
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 28, 2008
          Joanna, I use iHerbs for my supplements. They carry all the ones you have listed.
          http://www.iherb.com/Default.aspx

          Check out www.PetFoodDirect.com for food. They list the ingredients, etc for each food. Once you sign up they send out e-mail coupons which usually cover the cost of shipping. In my opinion the best food is the highest quality food a kitty will eat. If nothing else it is easier to read the ingredients here than the little type on the can labels.
          Sharyl Pequita and Angel Albert

          I'm interested in buying for my boy; Coenzyme q-10,
          L-carnitine,
          Jarrow-b vit
          and Taurine.
          Could you tell me at all where you order these products? I already
          ordered Tumil-k from the Scooter site and I had it within a few days.
          Really easy.
          Best wishes, joanna and Sammy White.

        • Carol
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 28, 2008
            The two sites that I used most, I find them the least expensive, are
            http://www.vitacost.com and http://www.vitaglo.com What I can't find
            at one I usually can find at the other. Vitacost is pretty quick with
            delivery, Vitaglo takes up to 10 days.

            Carol and Snowball and the gang
          • savionna@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 28, 2008
              Hi Joanna,

              In a message dated 4/27/08 2:29:41 PM, joannarimmer72@... writes:

              >            I'm interested in buying for my boy; Coenzyme q-10,
              >                                                 L-carnitine,
              >                                                 Jarrow-b vit
              >                                             and Taurine.

              I think the Q10, L-carnitine, and taurine can be useful in supporting heart
              cats.

              I think Vit B complex is also useful if the cat is under significant stress
              or has a disorder (kidney, diabetes, etc) were the urination is excessive...or
              if the cat is getting home-prepared fresh food. My concern, tho, is that even
              low-odor B complex, such as Jarrow B-Right, may cause digestive upset, so we ne
              ed to proceed carefully, esp with heart (or other chronically ill) cats who
              really do need to keep eating, observing the cat's reaction.

              Another thing to keep in mind is that the B requirements of a cat are
              relatively small (compared with human vitamins). For example, according to Meyer
              (1993) "Vitamin Requirements of Cats," the average 10 lb healthy adult needs per
              day about 0.45mg thiamine, 0.22mg riboflavin, 0.9mg panthothenic acid, 3.6mg
              niacin, and 0.36mg B6. Jarrow B-Right contains per 1 cap: 25mg thiamine, 25mg
              riboflavin, 100mg calcium pantothenate, 25mg niacin and 100mg niacinamide, and
              25mg B6.

              We usually shop at www.iherb.com (I don't know if they ship internationally).

              > I already
              > ordered Tumil-k from the Scooter site and I had it within a few days.

              Just a note for the future. Tumil-K is potassium gluconate, which is
              available (in the US) over the counter for like $5/bottle. The Scooter site has a
              chart of milli-equivalents for those interested in using an over-the-counter
              product instead of the vet product. // Rosemary

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 28, 2008
                Hi Judi,

                In a message dated 4/27/08 2:54:37 PM, casaobelisco@... writes:

                > While we're shopping, can I add to the list some good canned cat food and
                > where to buy it?

                Some higher-quality brands that have generally non-allergenic ingredients,
                quality animal proteins and fats, no or limited grain (with under 10% of
                calories from carbohydrate), a reasonably small amt of plant fiber (0.2-0.4g/100
                calories), and no synthetic additives incl: Wellness, www.omhpet.com/wellness;
                Nature's Variety, www.naturesvariety.com; By Nature Organics,
                www.bynaturepetfoods.com; PetGuard, www.petguard.com; Felidae, www.canidae.com; EVO 95% meat
                products, http://www.naturapet.com/brands/evo.asp; and Eagle Pack,
                www.eaglepack.com.

                Most sites above have store locators, so you can see if there's an outlet
                near you. There are also internet suppliers, eg PetFoodDirect and WagginTails (am
                not recommending them, just saying).

                Also, these are some of the traits I look for in a canned food:

                1. muscle meat from a named species (as opposed to "byproducts," "poultry,"
                or "meal") as the first ingredient;
                2. organ meat from a named species (as opposed to "liver" or "poultry liver")
                somewhere in the second to fifth ingredient positions, preferably from the
                same species as the muscle meat;
                3. muscle and/or organ meats in at least three of the first five ingredient
                positions;
                4. limited to no fish;
                5. limited to no carbohydrate sources, preferably from low-glycemic
                vegetables, such as squash, or whole, hypoallergenic grains, such as oats and barley
                (as opposed to corn, wheat, and grain fractions, such as "rice bran");
                6. no plant-protein "boosters" (such as "soy protein isolate" or "corn gluten
                meal")
                7. no nonnutritive fillers (such as "powdered cellulose" and "grain sorghum")
                8. no synthetic preservatives (such as BHT, BHA, and ethoxyquin), colorings
                (such as Red Dye #40 and titanium dioxide), or flavorings.

                // Rosemary