Re: Question on Recurring UTIs in HCM Kitties

  • goldbe50
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 11, 2008
      There's Hill's canned C/D for urinary tract problems. The sodium level
      is acceptable but neither type is exactly wonderful food. There might
      be some more canned ones out there.

      A raw diet sometimes works.

      DL-Methionine is a urine acidifier which is in some canned foods. More
      acid urine can prevent infection.

      I used Veterinarian's Best F.U.S. pills which are herbal and M & C
      Cranberry treats and gel. Did the trick and my angel Nessi adored them.
      People cranberry capsules if she wasn't in the mood. There are some
      negative thoughts about cranberry, don't exactly remember what is in
      some of them that isn't the best for a cat, but these are supposed to
      be okay.

      Judith