Re: [FH] Change in heart rate

  • dshale1
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2008
      Thanks to all who responded--it is reassuring to know that a heart
      rate of 160 is okay for heart kitties.

      I am going to try to take her heart rate at home using my stethoscope.

      I know their heart rates go up at the vet's--we brought our other cat
      in a few weeks ago for diarrhea and she was so scared her HR was 220
      and she doesn't have a heart problem. I just thought the atenolol is
      supposed to keep the heart rate low at all times.

      We have added carnitine to her food for the past month or so--that
      wouldn't increase heart rate, would it? We already also give mix in
      taurine and CoQ10.

      -Susan