FW: [FH] Petuly's new blood work doesn't  look too good!

  • Carol R.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2008
      Thelma wanted this to go to the group, so I'm forwarding it for everyone to read too.
      Carol

      Hi Carol, thanks for replying back. I am seriously overwhelmed with all the things that need to be considered. I know she needs binders but one of our vets doens't. The other one who would've given me the prescription won't be around till monday.I just want to pay the $25 for the 2 day air shipment from Thriving Pets.
      My concern about introducing the binders and things like SEB is that my husband and I work during the day and I can't space meals out the way you do. We leave a snack for the girls in automatic feeders but we don't know which cat is going to eat what.
      I give the girls Denamarin on an empty stomach at 5:30 am. Then at 6:30ish they get their main meal with meds in their food and Petuly's Atenolol. Our girls get 4 meals a day.
      The Atenolol has to be given every 12 hours. I leave for work between 7 and 7:30. I could switch Petuly's Atenolol and other meds to 7:30 am/pm. I have to give her pepcid before bed so I could not do SEB there. I thought about the bran flakes irritating their intestinal track but I gave them such a small amount that I doubt it would do anything at least this one time. I won't use it again. I'm afraid of the psyllium swelling up inside her and causing a blockage. I have given my girls pumpkin in their food for a lot of years now. That is not working for Petuly. I tried sweet potato and it worked for a few days. Now i'm trying green beans. I'm just so worried. Petuly won't even get up. She is sooo sleepy! I had to feed her with my finger and after she had enough she went under her throw to sleep again! I hope all the sleeping she's doing will help her feel better. At least she's still eating even if I have to assist. I just gave her a little more from a long iced tea spoon. Thank you so much Carol. You've been so wonderful. Please keep the strength and light thoughts coming my way. I need them. Thelma>