Re: When is it time to let go

  • malli52
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2008
      I so appreciate the sentiments shared by Carol as to waiting until you
      "know" when it is time to let your baby go. I thought I "knew" last
      night when I watched my Nicky trying to sleep, never able to relax his
      neck and let his head rest, breath shallow and rapid. That is how he
      is all the time, so sleepy, but unable to relax his head and drift off....

      He continues to eat well despite being in CHF with restricted CM,
      asthma and diabetes. I know he is not long for this world because he
      has suddenly lost prodigious amounts of weight despite eating well
      (the vet suspects something else is going on, like IBD or cancer
      because he is also anemic and has ascites...) My poor poor boy has
      been through so much....years of severe asthma, diabetes, arthritis,
      liver disease and now this...I know he is dying. There is no doubt of
      that. But not today.....Not today, God, please....I just can't do it
      and I think i am being selfish. If he were not eating I would know for
      sure, but he is and I just think I have to wait until I know....

      This is the hardest thing i have ever gone through. But it is not
      about me, I try to remember that. It is about him. What is right for
      him. If only I "knew."