Cachexia in newly Dx'd cat w/ Restrictive Cardiomyopathy, ascites, anemia

  • malli52
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 5:58 PM
      My poor diabetic asthmatic 15 year old male cat was diagnosed with CHF
      due to advanced restrictive cardiomyopathy. He was seen by a
      cardiologist and placed on Enaprinil, lasix, spirotolactone and had
      his chest tapped. Two days later the fluid was building again around
      his heart. He has a gallup rhythm and I can see his whole body
      breathing rapidly and his chest shuddering.

      The worst of it is his anemia (16%)and cachexia (spine and back
      utterly emaciated and bony all of a sudden, while his abdomen is huge....)

      My regular vet thinks it is time to let him go but I won't unless
      there is no hope for improvement or if he is in pain. He has a good
      appetite so that must mean something, doesn't it? It is hard for him
      to lay his head down to sleep which is very troubling....

      Any opinions or hope out there? Please?

      Molly and Nicky