Re: [FH] Re:New HCM Questions

  • Leslie Lawther
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2008
      Wheezie would faint too.. he did it twice... scared the crap out of me! His
      diagnosis was complex congenital heart disease and atrial arrhythmia.
      Problem was, it came on suddenly... and I'd run to him and pick him up and
      he'd snap back. Now that I think of it, I had a Schnauzer that did this and
      she also had heart disease... this was 15 years ago though...
      Leslie =^..^=

      On 4/3/08, nala nala <nala_zq@...> wrote:

      > HI Phyllis,
      >
      > As far as I know, fainting is not a sign of CHF,
      > but it might be a sign of an irregular heart rhythm.
      > Since you
      > have a stethoscope you should be able to hear
      > the heart rhythm and distinguish between normal
      > rhythm "lub-dup lub-dup lub-dup" and something
      > abnormal. I could hear Cozette's heart when it
      > developed an abnormal rhythm.
      >
      > There are some websites that have sound clips. They
      > may be in the links. I know I added some links to
      > the "PetVetCafe" yahoo groups. Check out
      > "auscultation sounds"
      > and the like with your favorite search engine and you
      > should
      > be able to bring some up.

      > Total Access, No Cost.

      Leslie =^..^=

      To leave the world a better place - whether by a healthy child, a garden
      patch, or an improved social condition - that is to have succeeded. That
      only one life breathed easier because you lived - that is success.
      ---Ralph Waldo Emerson

    • Phyllis
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2008
        Thanks. This one incident goes back several months, way before Sherman was diagnosed. I didn't associate that incident with the HCM dx at all until I was looking thru the archives for something and spotted this.

        Since it hasn't happened again, I guess I'll keep my eye (and ear) on him, and talk to my vet when we go in for a re-echo in a few months.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2008
          Hi Leslie,

          Yes, I understand it scaring you (the fainting). The
          night
          Cozette died, I had thought/hoped/prayed that she had
          only fainted, but alas, that was not the case at all.
          Still
          very hard to think about it.

          Nala