Re: belle update 3.5 year diagnosis

  • katy4282003
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
      yeah i think waiting a year is just too long. it helps ease my mind
      and im such a mother hen when it comes to belle i need the
      reassurances or to know how things are going.

      belle did have SAM that resolved on the atenolol(but came back while
      she was taking diltiazem for a few months). this leaking is new. he
      said trival on the report and to me too. i was starting to stress. he
      said not to worry that it was so minimal to be insignifigant at this
      time. i was happy that her thickness hasnt changed in 3.5 years but i
      worry as the time passes. she will be 5 on april 28. thanks for the
      info though it helps (i was going to say more than anyone knows...but
      i think everyone here knows).
      >^..^<
      katy & belle

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "dshale1" <Dshale1@...> wrote:

      > That is great news. I think that is what we are going to do as
      > well--the cardiologist said our cat Pye doesn't need another echo
      for
      > a year but I think we will have her re-checked at 6 months.
      >
      > Trivial mitral regurgitation means a very small amount of blood is
      > leaking through mitral valve. It's not the same thing as SAM,
      although
      > SAM can cause it. SAM is systolic anterior motion, meaning the
      mitral
      > valve is pulled forward into the left ventricular chamber causing
      > obstruction.
      >
      > If the report said the mitral regurgitation is trivial, I wouldn't
      > worry about it. Pye has mild regurgitation (one step up from
      trivial)
      > that was accompanied by SAM, but the atenolol elminated the SAM. The
      > valve is a little thickened in her case so there is a little
      > regurgitation. Only if it gets worse will I be worried.
      > -Susan

    • amanda
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2008
        Hi Katy, I`m glad the check up went well, I agree with the others that I would only be worried if it got worse but she seems to be well and stable, Go girl Belle! hugs and purrs Amanda and Silver chan.

      • toomany_kittys
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2008
          Great news!
          I don't wait a year either. A lot of changes can occur in a year.