Re:HCM Kitty-Getting Neutered

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi Laurie

      Maxi was neutered early as he has HCM and he piled on the weight, reaching
      nearly 7kg by 18 months old. He had to go to the weight management clinic and
      was put on a special Hills diet food which has done him wonders. He's under
      6kg now, looking sleek and very energetic. I think the thing we did wrong was
      to let him graze and munch all day long.

      As long as you give them the correct food portions (which are written on the
      tins/packets) and ensure he exercises, he should be fine. My other neuters
      are sleek and healthy.

      Lyn :)

      www.furkids-uk.com

    • janie
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
        You know they are just like us. Eat too much and get lazy yes. Be
        prone to fat genes Yes. Get the cat fixed I could not stand to live
        that way and he will drive you crazy. I had eight cats some are too
        fat some arent. The heart kitties are pacers and they were not fat.
        Walkers. I think get some good food. Like my vet has ours on Hills WD
        and I believe it has made our cats fat as its loaded with carbs and
        corn. I am changing food now and reading lables like I do. Your cat
        wont get fat he will be a more loveable and if he gets fat he would of
        anyway. Janie