Petuly is 16 years old today!

  • s_thelma
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
      My sweet Petuly has been with me for all of her 16 years and I'm
      happy to report she's doing great. She seems more active, healthy
      and happy.

      She was diagnosed with HCM 2 years ago and started taking Atenolol
      in Feb 08. Her heart rate is normal now.
      She also has CRF (for 6 years now) and a thyroid tumor. Thank God
      she doesn't need fluids yet and has gained weight.
      Last December we moved from the only home Petuly knew to another one
      and her allergies seem to have vanished! I still don't know what
      she was allergic to but it was clearly something in the old house. I
      struggled with these allergies for almost 16 years! YEAH!

      In mid-January 08 she was not looking very good to me. Her fur just
      didn't look right at all and she was thinner yet was eating a lot. A
      trip to the vet revealed an elevated heart rate and her kidneys were
      smaller.
      Once I joined the CRF group I learned a lot and started to apply a
      lot of what I'd learned. I think all the hours (more like weeks) I
      spent reading the postings in the CRF and heart groups have
      certainly paid off. I've learned a lot. The support groups have
      educated me about these diseases so I can now be an active
      participant in her health care needs. I no longer accept what the
      vets say as gospel. Now I go prepared with questions and possible
      treatments or dx's.

      I wanted to thank all of the wonderful people in these groups who
      have helped me deal with her heart and kidney issues.
      Thelma, Petuly & Calistica
    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
        Happy birthday Petuly!!

        That's great that she is so stable. Give her extra hugs from me.

        :) Lyn

        www.furkids-uk.com

      • Diane Olsen
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008