Subq's

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi Carol;
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Carol" <carolroars@...>
      >I already worry about how giving her subQ's for her
      > kidneys every day is affecting her heart. We're really careful and
      > conservative with her subQ's, but we still worry that it could be
      > taxing her heart.

      You have my sympathy with this one, as we ended up taking one of our boys to
      the vet every day, (they were a block away), because we couldn't get the
      large needle into a fellow we loved dearly. The following is a good site,
      and the "clothes peg" trick works great for anything you are doing with a
      cat that requires control of the cat:
      http://www.felinecrf.org/giving_sub-qs_syringe.htm

      The fellow at this site:
      http://www.weirdstuffwemake.com/weird/stuff/pets/cats/sophia/catjuice.html
      is also very good with some great pictures as demonstration. The Teremo
      needles he shows are the best, apparently. We weren't using those when we
      had a problem.

      Pat and all the boys.
      http://petfoodpitfalls.blogspot.com/