NATTOKINASE

  • Ruth Blankenstein
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
      Dear friends,
      my name is Ruth, I am a member of the European/German "heart group" and I am writing on
      behalf of my friend Inge. She gives her cat about 35 mg nattokinase twice a day and wants to
      know if she may give it in one portion (70 mg) or if it has to be given every 12 hours. Her
      Jeanny has to have quite some medicine and is not very amused. Or cooperating.
      Thank you so much for your help,
      Ruth
    • Lynda Doty
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12 7:21 AM

        I am considering putting Martha on NATTOKINASE. Is anyone else using this and if so, how much? Do you have a preferred brand, there are so many out there. I have asked cardiologist about this product but cannot get an answer. I am a  proactive person with my cats, and don't see that a 5 mg aspirin tablet every 3 days is doing any good. I really need help with Martha.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Blessings,
        Lynda, Martha, Morelli and Angel C.B.
      • Elfinmyst
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 12 9:26 AM
          Hi

          I used Doctors Best nattokinase as it has vitamin K removed which is vital. I gave one capsule a day, but my cats have now swapped to Plavix instead .

          Lyn
        • Carol
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 12 9:27 AM
            Hi Lynda,

            I'm not surprised that your cardiologist hasn't responded to you about the nattokinase. Most veterinarians don't know about it, and if they do, they dismiss it.  You may find that a holistic or integrative vet might be knowledgeable about the benefits of nattokinase and it's use in heart kitties.

            The brands that I like to use are Nutricology Nattozyme and Allery Research Group Nattokinase. Nutricology and Allergy Research Group are actually the same company, but just that the Nutricology brand is their "consumer" product and the ARG is usually sold to medical professionals.

            We used the 36mg soflgels and gave Misty one of those twice a day.  I know there are others who give higher potency, but this seemed to work for us.  I got it at Vitacost. They  had the best price.
            http://www.vitacost.com/nutricology-nattozyme-90-softgels

            Just  make sure that whatever brand you buy, that it has the Vitamin K removed.  Some of them don't, and you do not want to give Vitamin K because it makes blood clot.

            Carol and Angel Misty

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 13 10:25 AM
              Hi Lynda,

              I put Sheba on the same Nattokinase that Lyn mentioned.   Sheba did very well on it, but we also stopped it once she was placed on Plavix.

              Initially, we were also prescribed low dose (81mg) aspirin, along with the Plavix.     Butit appears Sheebs is allergic to NSAID's.   She started vomiting after the first dose of aspirin, just as she once did with a oral dose of Metacam.

              So it is plavix only for my girl.

              Hugs to you and Martha,
              Jordan and Sheba