What is your treatment protocol for HCM/CHF?

  • s_l_toth
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2008
      I'm just trying to get an understanding of this disease and the
      different treatments. If you wouldn't mind, could you maybe post
      how your treating your kitty? For example:

      Spunky
      Age: 17 years old
      DX: 12/2007
      At the time of diagnosis, he was not really symptomatic, so we held
      off on medications until symptoms started to appear.

      Symptoms started to appear 1/2008 (some fluid around heart).

      Medication: 1/4 tablet of Lasix every 12 hours (12.5 mg).

      Last time his BP and heart rate were checked, they were still within
      normal parameters (heart rate elevated at vets).

      Medical history: Diabetic since 2000, borderline CRF for the last
      several years.

      Any information on the different treatment protocols provided would
      be greatly appreciated.