Re:Joey - HCM questions

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27 2:59 AM
      Hello Dick and Joey!

      Sounds like Joey has found the perfect home with you and I am sorry he has
      so many problems. I'd definitely consider the thyroid test and also a test for
      anaemia as both of these can cause secondary HCM. There is a rare juvenile
      hyperthyroidism but none of my cats have that. I've only experienced it in
      older cats.

      Personally, I would rather have my cat eating standard food than not eating
      premium food, espeically with his conditions. I tried a premium kibble and out
      of 12 cats, I`ve only had one actually like it! And of course that was after
      I bought the 10kg sack. You might want to add a supplement as well, such as
      CO Q or Carnitine.. if you search for those here, there is a lot of
      information.

      I took a look at Joey and he's gorgeous. He seems to have a silver undercoat
      which makes him really shine. Just one thing.. what's his weight? Overweight
      increases the risk of heart disease and you might want to consider that.

      :) Lyn

      www.furkids-uk.com