Re:Help - Brownie swollen foot

  • recordhog
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2008
      Hi Lyn,

      Thanks for your reply and thoughts. I had hoped to get him to vet
      today, but vet only offered me one appointment time when I called a
      little after 9AM - 9:45 AM - and that was not enough time to con him
      into the carrier (he is semi-feral and really tricky to get to the
      vet).

      They did not seem to think it was a big deal and I have another
      appointment tomorrow morning - this time I'll have plenty of time for
      my trickery.

      It may a wound of some sort - although I can manipulate it without
      causing him any discomfort and there is no smell or discharge.

      Michelle from Australia kindly emailed w/ an experience she had w/
      her kitty Chingy - his foot got infected from toxins released by
      dead/dying tissue. This could be the case w/ Brownie as well.

      The vet's office was very unhelpful w/ any information without seeing
      him. They are so afraid of liability it drives me crazy.

      I have clindamycin (antibiotic drops) on hand, so I started him on
      that tonight (2 ml SID).

      He seems well enough, eating, playing a bit and sleeping alot. The
      paw looks a little more swollen, I think.

      Thanks again all, for your input. I will keep you posted!

      Best,

      ina & the brownie