Re: Help.. Baby had a Seizure?

  • toomany_kittys
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2008
      Vickie,
      I agree with Leah. As I mentioned before Luigi had a synope last
      summer and it was very similar to the episode that Baby had. I called
      the vet immediately who diagnosed it as a Syncope without actually
      fainting.
      El
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Leah Ferron <leahandhercats@...>
      wrote:

      > Vickie,
      >
      > This could have been a seizure or it could have been a fainting
      spell. I went through 2 of these episodes with my Angel Alec.

      > Fainting or syncope, as it is also called can look like a grand
      mal seizure in kitties. Kitties can have the pre and post ictal
      symptoms just like in seizures. My Alec had these symptoms and he had
      the shaking and loss of bladder control. The vets could not explain
      what happened and tried putting him on seizure meds. They didn't help
      Alec. I am positive, from the research that I did on my own, that he
      had fainting spells. This fainting can be caused by excitement or
      stress. Here is a link to a site that explains syncope in kitties and
      goggies: http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?
      CID=WALTHAMOSU2002&PID=2992 Please read it. It is very helpful.
      Although Baby has diabetes and it could have been from that too,
      please do not cancel out that it was a fainting spell.

      > Just FYI, i freaked like you did when I saw it happen. Try to
      stay as calm as possible if it should happen again. Just take to Baby
      calmly and lightly stroke him while it is happening (keep your hand
      away from his mouth!) This will help Baby come out of the post ictal
      part better. Let me know if you have any questions.