Re: Urinating

  • flyerfan@blazenet.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2001
      When Dom had the toxicity to the drugs and he also had a food
      aversion one time when I was mixing his compounded meds in with his
      food (smart cat!). I took what was his favorite food and just tried
      anything to get him eating again! He loves to try and sneak food from
      our plates so I would put some of his food on a small plate (ours!)
      and let it sit like on a coffee table and walk away and he would eat
      a few pieces. His favorite is Nutro lite dry food and he loves to get
      ahold of the actual bag so I would let the bag opened on the floor
      and he would eat a few pieces that way. It took him almost a week to
      get back to eating normally. But, Dom wasn't losing any weight etc.
      but that is how we got him eating again. I tried not to let him know
      that I really wanted him to eat and just left him think it was his
      good luck that all of this was happening! LOL He also loves to find
      a glass sitting somewhere to drink out of so we did that also. In
      other words with Dom, if he thinks it is ours, he wants it! Probably
      due to his allergies etc. we never give him anything but his normal
      foods so he finds this enticing! I know how stressful this is when
      they are not eating and I hope you can get Kramer going again soon.
      Try and think of something he wants to do that you don't usually let
      him do and maybe you can bribe him too. I was told that it can take
      about 1 week for the drugs to leave their system completely so Dom
      fell into that timeline. It doesn't happen in a day.

      Take care,
      Jeanne, Dom, Bono & Louie