Re: another ultrasound?

  • toomany_kittys
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2008
      Marthe,
      My cat Luigi gets an ultrasound every 3 - 6 mths. An ultrasound will
      indicate any changes to the heart - left/right atrium sizes, the
      valves, the heart muscle, etc.. It can also help indicate whether the
      meds are having any effects on the heart, so the meds can be
      increased, changed, etc..
      I would definately request another ultrasound.
      El
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "mrthhrndvs" <mrthhrndvs@...>
      wrote:

      > I wrote in and my question is also with the enlarged heart, my vet
      > said the only thing with another ultrasound would be for curiousity
      > and I just heard that the x-rays showed that her heart was much more
      > enlarged since 3 years ago in spite of being on Atenolol and
      Fortekor

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2008
        Hi Marthe

        I find the ultrasound more useful than the Xrays as it shows what is
        happening inside the heart. It helps the diagnosis and decides treatment. I would
        definitely request one.

        Lyn :)

        www.furkids-uk.com