It's Official-I have a new heart kitty

  • kittie_seven
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2008
      As you may have read in my post over the weekend, I was waiting for
      test results to find out if my new member of the furry family (Angel)
      also had HCM, got them back today and he does. He's not really showing
      symptoms, except that he's not very active and lays around quite a bit,
      but this could just be because he's an older cat (6yrs). The vet is
      going to put him on atenolol and enacard to hopefully delay onset, same
      dosage as Ocean, so that makes things convenient for me. He's still a
      bit standoffish with my other cats, but hopefully once he gets to
      feeling a little better he'll be a little more social. Since it only
      took a couple days for the initial meet and greet hissing to subside I
      have a good feeling they'll all be head butting and plotting against me
      in no time. Angel goes back to the vet in three weeks for booster shots
      (I had to go ahead and get him vaccinated since I don't know if his
      previous owners had done so) and a general checkup to see how his
      murmur is responding to meds.

      Have a great week all
      Shannon, Ocean and Angel