RE: [FH] spironolactone

  • Judi Levens
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
      Hi Cherie; I don't know if this is a possibility for you, but my cat Max canNOT be pilled, so I have his drugs made up at a compounding pharmacy in liquid form which tastes like fish (or chicken). He takes it fairly easily followed by a treat, and even occasionally "comes looking" for it (the treat that is.) You might check it out for the spiro. Good luck...Judi and Max

      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.comFrom: preciouspus@...: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:53:59 +0000Subject: [FH] spironolactone

      Hi guys! I am finally back online. I had a week of computer repair todo. I am writing about feeling guilty about the online request forspiro. I was desperate. I got it from 1800petmeds in very good time. Iam frustrated that it came in pill form with an enetric coating. Thecoating will not crush and mix into Molly's food or daily fish oil. Ido not want to pill her so I am looking on internet to get it in acapsule form. The drug is very bitter tasting! Molly continues withher labourous breathing at 40 rarely lower. She was on 40mg of lasixwhen her vet wanted to up it but I heard it was dangerous to herkidneys. The vet just shrugged his shoulders when questioned that. Hewould not tell me what his echo chart notations meant. He isarrogant. I think Molly is pretty bad off in his opinion but he won'tcome right out and say that to me. I said I would pay all necessarymailing and drug expenses that come my way and I will.Molly's co owner and I will be discussing if we can afford to take herto cardiologist or not. We have 11 other rescues to tend to also.Molly is getting all the suppliments the kind folks on this group havesuggested. Sometimes, I give Molly a hit from an inhalent as we nevercould get a clear answer on her also having asthma.I ordered the pimo from Canada but have not received it in mail yet.Thankfully, someone gave me a short supply and she seems to do well onit. No change in that breathing pattern of hers tho. I know there issome kind of supplement she needs to also take with the spiro and lasix.I want to thank everyone here for all the tremendous support theyhave offered me and Molly Brown. I want you to know that without youguys Molly would really be suffering so much more. My heart breaks forall of you that have already lost a love to HCM. I salute you each andeveryone for returning here to help and support those kitties who arestill struggling. Cherie