spironolactone

  • preciouspus
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
      Hi guys! I am finally back online. I had a week of computer repair to
      do. I am writing about feeling guilty about the online request for
      spiro. I was desperate. I got it from 1800petmeds in very good time. I
      am frustrated that it came in pill form with an enetric coating. The
      coating will not crush and mix into Molly's food or daily fish oil. I
      do not want to pill her so I am looking on internet to get it in a
      capsule form. The drug is very bitter tasting! Molly continues with
      her labourous breathing at 40 rarely lower. She was on 40mg of lasix
      when her vet wanted to up it but I heard it was dangerous to her
      kidneys. The vet just shrugged his shoulders when questioned that. He
      would not tell me what his echo chart notations meant. He is
      arrogant. I think Molly is pretty bad off in his opinion but he won't
      come right out and say that to me. I said I would pay all necessary
      mailing and drug expenses that come my way and I will.
      Molly's co owner and I will be discussing if we can afford to take her
      to cardiologist or not. We have 11 other rescues to tend to also.
      Molly is getting all the suppliments the kind folks on this group have
      suggested. Sometimes, I give Molly a hit from an inhalent as we never
      could get a clear answer on her also having asthma.
      I ordered the pimo from Canada but have not received it in mail yet.
      Thankfully, someone gave me a short supply and she seems to do well on
      it. No change in that breathing pattern of hers tho. I know there is
      some kind of supplement she needs to also take with the spiro and lasix.
      I want to thank everyone here for all the tremendous support they
      have offered me and Molly Brown. I want you to know that without you
      guys Molly would really be suffering so much more. My heart breaks for
      all of you that have already lost a love to HCM. I salute you each and
      everyone for returning here to help and support those kitties who are
      still struggling.

      Cherie
    • Judi Levens
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
        Hi Cherie; I don't know if this is a possibility for you, but my cat Max canNOT be pilled, so I have his drugs made up at a compounding pharmacy in liquid form which tastes like fish (or chicken). He takes it fairly easily followed by a treat, and even occasionally "comes looking" for it (the treat that is.) You might check it out for the spiro. Good luck...Judi and Max

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.comFrom: preciouspus@...: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:53:59 +0000Subject: [FH] spironolactone