Skip to search.

Re: [FH] my moo cat has just been diagnosed with heart failure..need advice on food

  • Lisa Clarizia
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2008
      Bluebell,

      Welcome to the list though I'm sorry you had to join us!

      Cats with heart conditions don't require low-sodium food as a rule. The
      most important thing is to keep them eating, and where possible, make sure
      they are getting a high-quality diet, preferably canned. But, the main
      thing is to make sure they are eating.

      Many of us on the list are feeding our kitties regular cat food,
      supplementing with things like Coenzyme Q10, taurine and L-carnitine, among
      other things.

      Tell us more about your kitty. How is he doing?

      Lisa