Injecable Lasix - doseage question

  • Kim Gregory
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
      >>you wouldn't want to use inj lasix, unless
      you cat is going into CHF. From what I was told inj lasix burns, so you wouldn't
      want to use it in place if pills. <<

      Yep - that is what we are using it for. Have to say though to reassure everyone - Missi really doesnt bat an eyelid when I gave the injection. I've given other cats B12 injections and that did seem to sting though.

      Kim and the assorted fur-kids (UK)
      An expert opinion is just that - an opinion, trust your own instincts

    • Lisa Clarizia
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
        Any injectable has the potential to burn. Baby Boy got injectable lasix on
        occasion, when it looked like he was brewing up some fluid, and it certainly
        saved us more than one trip to the emergency room in the middle of the
        night. But burning or no, it really should be limited to an as needed
        thing, like you're doing. It didn't bother Baby Boy too much either, he was
        pretty good with injections, but dreadful to pill.

        LIsa