Re: my moo cat has just been diagnosed with heart failure..need advice

  • goldbe50
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008
      Purina makes a diet for heart failure, CV and if you google for one you
      will find a few more. Don't rush out and get it, talk to your vet about
      the proper diet as a very low sodium diet is not recommended for the
      early stage. Forget tuna fish except as a treat.

      I posted asking for help with a diet and the general response was a
      good quality canned or raw food. It turned out that I could continue
      with the allergy food diet.

      Oh, still around. I'm waiting for the last of the autopsy report and
      will then post a bit about Nessi's end. In summary, her heart had
      deteriorated since her last echo in November and she was at the end of
      her short life. I also have left over meds and still have to talk to my
      vet so see if he wants any of them first. Will post soon.

      We are adjusting, slowly.

      Judith