Update & Possible New Heart Kitty

  • kittie_seven
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008
      Hey everyone,

      Before I get into the new info, just wanted to let everyone know that
      Ocean (my heart kitty) is doing great and has had no issues. It was a
      year last october that he's been diagnosed so I'm so happy he's doing
      well.

      As for my possible new heart kitty, my neighbors moved and left their
      5 year cat locked up in their house. The realtors came to my house a
      few days ago and asked if I knew anything about this cat in the the
      house. I decided pretty quickly I'd take him and adopt him. I took
      him to the vet yesterday (same one Ocean goes to) and aside from
      being thin he seems in good health....except for a heart murmur. My
      vet is a pro at hearing murmurs that others can't pick up. They drew
      blood for a thyroid test, but I just have a feeling it's going to be
      his heart. We can't tell if he's showing any outward signs because
      any symptom he has could be attributed to being abandoned with no
      food or water (except what was left in the toilets). So chances are
      I'll have another heart kitty to love and worry about. He's a sweet
      and loving cat so I feel lucky to have him. If I do find out he has
      heart issues I'll formally introduce him and try to post some pics
      once he gains some weight back and looks a little better.

      Hope Everyone and all the kitty babies are doing well.
      Shannon, Ocean & maybe soon to be Angel