Re: [FH] question for savannah owner

  • MarisaKatnic@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi Cindy,

      I have an F2 Savannah named Oliver. His weight is now about 23 lbs. but
      before his illness he was about 28 lbs. and due to his heart disease and the
      diuretics, he has lost weight. He stands about 17" tall and is about the size
      of a bobcat when you compare him to a regular cat. His feet are big too. He
      is known to be quite a remarkable representation for his breed. His
      cardiologist is amazed at how well he is doing with his heart illness and compares
      his tolerance to that of a dog.

      To answer your question as to what he eats, he eats regular cat food and I
      supplement that with raw beef and poultry. He loves to knaw on a raw
      chicken leg -- bone and all. When raw, the bone is soft and safe. You can see
      him on his breeders website, that is, _http://www.junglecats.com_
      (http://www.junglecats.com) and if you click on the "Enter" and then scroll down you will
      see a cat with a blue background getting his leg measured. That's Oliver.
      Click on "Gallery," and scroll down for more photos.

      This boy is my "child with fur" and the love of my life as all our kitties
      are to us. If I can answer any other questions about the Savannah, I'd be
      happy to just let me know. Here's a special pic for you:

      Hugs,

      Marisa