Re: Spironolactone help please

  • Vickie
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
      Baby was abt 20lbs when he first was sick. He has maintained abt 11.5 for abt 1 1/2.

      Baby BUN/CEA # have gone up and down a bit. The first important thing I feel is that you
      need to get the CHF undercontrol. To me it's like diabetes. Which my I had Baby has too.

      Baby get Morning 18.75 Lasix, 1/4 Spiro, abt 5pm 18.75 lasix, enalaril, HTCZ, asprin EOD,
      abt 11pm 18.75 lasix.

      It will be 3 yr Baby went into CHF this April. I think Aug will be 3 yrs that he's been on the above meds. He was on Antenolo, but come to find out that was cause Baby to go into
      CHF. Nice !! The day we took him off, he went into CHF, again, but the drive to the vet is
      long, and I had planned on this happening.

      Baby has been stable, the one thing that I'm always told when you increase the meds is to
      do a blood test, maybe a week after the increase, then maybe another 4 wks. You can
      maybe save $$ and do what I do, I bring Baby in and ask the tech to draw the blood and
      run the test at the office. They run the pre-op test. This way I don't need to pay an office
      viste charge. I have them fax the test to the Cardio vet. My cardio vet is abt 45 min away.

      As for the potassium if the blood work show your cat is a bit low, you can get, potassium
      at your drug store and crush it. Some vets think it doesn't work as well once crushed up,
      but it's better then nothing. I tired the Kumil in a tube, but Baby didn't dig it. He's sick
      of my finger in his mouth as it is w/the pills.

      If you have a Walmart where you live a lot of the heart pills are $4, and $9. Depending
      on the shape of the pill I have the mg up, and brake the pills in 8s. I get my lasix
      from petcareRx, they seem to be the cheapest. I think I order abt 231 pills, which adds
      up to $35 which gets you free s/h. I just can't belive how much the vets charge for
      medication. Sad thing how many cats die, or are put to sleep, cause the owner cat buy
      the meds, and the dam vet can't tell them to go online and order, or a local drug store.

      Well I hope I didn't miss any of your questions. If you cat's breathing is better, maybe you
      can give an extra 1/2 lasix and see what happens. When are cats are in the ER they up the
      lasix to flush them out.

      Vickie

      ISS/VAS cancer that kills cats!www.vas-awareness.org No shots in the SCRUFFwww.catshots.com
      In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02, Smudge 5/01/04