Injecable Lasix - doseage question

  • Kim Gregory
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2008
      I have a question for the wonderful cat parents who use injectable for their fur-babes. What kinds of doseage are you giving and do you ever vary this like when their breathing rate isnt so good?
      Thanking you in advance for any info you can share with me on this.

      Kim and the assorted fur-kids (UK)
      An expert opinion is just that - an opinion, trust your own instincts

    • Vickie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2008
        From what my cardio vet told me you wouldn't want to use inj lasix, unless
        you cat is going into CHF. From what I was told inj lasix burns, so you wouldn't
        want to use it in place if pills.

        Vickie

        ISS/VAS cancer that kills cats!www.vas-awareness.org No shots in the SCRUFFwww.catshots.com
        In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02, Smudge 5/01/04

      • Kim Gregory
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
          >>you wouldn't want to use inj lasix, unless
          you cat is going into CHF. From what I was told inj lasix burns, so you wouldn't
          want to use it in place if pills. <<

          Yep - that is what we are using it for. Have to say though to reassure everyone - Missi really doesnt bat an eyelid when I gave the injection. I've given other cats B12 injections and that did seem to sting though.

          Kim and the assorted fur-kids (UK)
          An expert opinion is just that - an opinion, trust your own instincts

        • Lisa Clarizia
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
            Any injectable has the potential to burn. Baby Boy got injectable lasix on
            occasion, when it looked like he was brewing up some fluid, and it certainly
            saved us more than one trip to the emergency room in the middle of the
            night. But burning or no, it really should be limited to an as needed
            thing, like you're doing. It didn't bother Baby Boy too much either, he was
            pretty good with injections, but dreadful to pill.

            LIsa