Re: [FH] Re: Pepcid AC and Atenolol Question

  • Lisa Clarizia
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2008
      Catnip can be good or bad, it depends.

      My first heart kitty, Baby Boy, had to stay away from it. Every time he had
      some, he'd fill up with fluid. His heart was very bad (dilated
      cardiomyopathy), and he was in congestive heart failure. Two incidents with
      that (one unintentional) and that was the end of catnip for him. I think it
      just increased his heart rate too much, so for him it was forbidden.

      My new heart kitty, Lilly, on the other hand, can have it at will. She has
      a different form of heart disease (ventricular septal defect with secondard
      hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) but isn't in CHF and is otherwise
      asymptomatic. She loves it, it doesn't hurt her, so I give it to her.

      Lisa