Kassy's BP is great!

  • Laura Penny
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2000
      Hi everyone,

      Just got back from the cardiologist. Kassy's BP is down to 120 from 200!
      She's been on Norvasc for 2 weeks. He says that's perfect. She was pretty
      calm, so I don't think it was elevated from nerves.

      Her heart rate was 180, down from 210 last time.

      He reaffirmed his belief that the Norvasc won't hurt her kidneys.

      He wants her to get another BP check in the fall, then an echo in a year. I
      like his optimism!

      Laura
    • Voula Augerinos
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2000
        Hi,

        Mike and Linda wrote :

        > one possible side effect of atenolol long term is hyperthyroidism from
        what
        > i've heard.

        That is interesting. I wonder if there is any literature on this.