Newcomer - need advice bad!

  • cyburowl2@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 26, 2001
      Hello, I am looking for any advice from anyone! I am devasted
      because my cat Kramer has recently been diagnosed with heart
      disease. He is currently taking a dieretic? and Enalapril and
      Atenolol. He has only been on the last two meds for two days, but he
      is not eating and therefore the medications are making him
      disoriented. He is just not acting well, doesn't want to be held,
      can't get him to purr, ect. Not even interested in tuna fish, which
      he usually loves. I am just heartbroken. The vet wants to take him
      off the meds until he starts to eat again, but then again, if he's
      off too long he will start again with the fluid around the lungs,
      which is how it all started. Any advice from anyone going through
      the same thing would be greatly appreciated. I just want Kramer to
      feel well, and don't want to make him suffer along not being happy.
      Thanks so much, Tonia
    • Mike & Linda Irrgang
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 2, 2001
        and it can also have opposite effects and cause disorientation and near
        paranoid behaviors....i gave it to pum when we travelled once and it was a
        horrible experience....nver again!

        linda