Re: Two 6 year old brother cats - HCM - supplements, food, success stories pleas

  • dshale1
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
      I'm sorry to hear that your two cats were diagnosed with HCM. I think
      the scales you are giving refer to their heart murmurs as with HCM
      itself, I've only seen it graded mild, moderate and severe.

      Most of us went through the same thing when our cats were diagnosed
      but it helped me a lot when my vet told me not to pay all that much
      attention to those prognosis studies online. He said most of what you
      read about HCM is outdated and with newer treatments, cats are
      surviving longer. Some of the newer sources I've found note that an
      asymptomatic cat with HCM can often live another five years or more.
      While it's true some cats get worse quickly, other cats never develop
      more than mild HCM with no symptoms.

      I hope this info helps--it helped me to feel a lot more positive about
      our cat's prognosis.
      -Susan

      -- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Kate Pawlowski" <tokates@...> wrote:

      > Two of my 6 year old, male cats have just been diagnosed with HCM.
      One of the cats is 4 out