Re:Max

  • nala nala
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
      Suzanne,

      Hello and welcome.
      I am sorry to read about Max today, but am
      happy that he is doing well.

      You mentioned that he is not eating well.
      Sometimes when cats get a bit dehydrated
      (a hazard of lasix) they don't eat as well.
      You can feel Max's gums to see whether
      they feel slick (good) or tacky/rubbery (dehydrated).
      You can also pinch a bit of the skin on his scruff
      to see if it snaps back into place readily or
      if it is slow to go back into place.

      I am sure you are keeping an eye on his
      respiration rate and effort. Some kitties,
      when they start to go into CHF lose their
      appetite.

      I hope that you and Max are here for a very
      long time!

      Nala with Camille and Cozette in spirit.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • elise eisfelder
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 24, 2014
        I introduced Max several years ago with a heart murmur that turned out to be benign. He is now 16 3/4  years old. He has chronic pancreatitis, high blood pressure which is controlled with amlodipine, and in November was diagnosed with diabetes. The last one we are working on regulating. His murmur has gotten worse since January and I am to make an appointmnet with a cardiologist for staging and diagnosis. I was given the names of Jarret and Tsugawa at VCA in West L.A. If anyone has an opinion would you please email me? The possibly worse issue is he either has an infection or a mass on his lung. It is being sent to a radiiologist. There is a chance it could be asthma but my vet doesn't think so.

        Elise
      • ERIC LEE
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 25, 2014
          Hi

          Are you using any supplements? I was using vetri-science cardiostrength in case it could help.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 25, 2014
              Hi Elise,

              Have you tried checking on yelp?
              Here's the page for VCA West, there's tons of review on there: http://www.yelp.com/biz/vca-west-los-angeles-animal-hospital-los-angeles

              I only read a few on Dr. Tsugawa, she seems to have good reputation. Please check the page out.

              -Zoe