Re: [FH] Annapurrna now orthopnea, Mom cracking up (long, so sorry)

  • elanonuevo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
      In a message dated 12/2/2007 2:55:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      beingtherealways@... writes:

      I heard nothing back at all.I was and am so angry with her.

      {{{Helen}}} I am sure this has been discussed on the list, but has anyone
      ever paid for a telephone consult with a U.S. cardiologist? If records were
      faxed or sent priority, and the U.S. vet were paid for his/her time in
      reviewing them, perhaps then a local vet could do as the cardiologist suggests? I
      know I'm grasping at straws here, I just feel so awful for you with your vet
      situation.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
        Hello Helen

        I am sorry to hear AnnaP is not doing so well. I think you may be onto
        something about the Atenolol pushing her further into heart failure. When Maxi
        went on Atenolol, he had to increase the dose so slowly and if there were any
        signs of heart failure, he was to drop to the previous lower dose. My
        cardiologist doesn't seem to prescribe Atenolol to cats who are actually in heart
        failure, but more to stop progression.

        I was also told it would be dangerous to suddenly stop Atenolol.

        I don't know what to say about the blood pressures, except they sound very
        strange! That's a huge increase and maybe the machine was faulty? No wonder you
        are worried sick.

        Try and hang in there. Sometimes it's a case of tweaking the meds. My
        thoughts and prayers are with Anna today.

        Lyn :)

        www.furkids-uk.com

      • goldbe50
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
          If you can't get a telephone cardiologist consult, try Cornell Feline.
          I've used it. You call, explain the problem, give your credit card
          info, and they call back. They will also fax info to you and you can
          fax to them. It doesn't matter where you live (Israel here). Cost: $55.

          http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/camuti.htm

          They have a worldwide reputation.

          Judith
        • MarisaKatnic@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
            Judith,

            Thank you for posting this link. If anything, a second opinion from someone
            at Cornell is worth listening too. Great find, thanks!

            Marisa