I feel awful posting when I havent got back to all the people who wrote to me previously but I seem to be living in crisis mental panic cant think straight mode plus my pc was off line last weekend.
Kendall if youre reading youre one of my biggest consciences, Im so so sorry about Josie has she had a pancreattis test? FPLi something to think about I feel, Im following all of your posts and I was absolutely truly delighted about the outcome of the hearing for you. I also do know about not being well ourselves and dealing with the heartbreak worry and anxiety over our furbabies so big big hugs.
Well, We're really in trouble, having had Annas BP taken 10 days ago and being told it was between 70 and 80 (which i queried badly!) on .625 of atenolol we cut the dose in half. I wasnt happy they were quite complacent over her low Bp but her heart rate was still 180 to 190 or so.
Well, after approx a week of the lower dose she developed orthopnea last sunday in that she wasnt comfy laying on her side and started spending almost the entire day sitting up with laboured deeply (lower abdo flanks) until the evening (10 hours after the atenolol) when she could lay. When she did lay down though she often and still does start coughing a dry cough and has to sit up again, it was at this point my frayed nerves began to completely fry. This has been happening over the past week, additionally I have to say that since the atenolol began in sept I noticed her breathing had slightly altered and she was developing an expiratory pant at times certainly you can hear the breath being forced out throuhg a slightly open mouth and I told my vets.
Wednesday I took her in for a look see due to the orthopnea, malcolm apparently didnt feel her breath sounds were too bad but agreed she might have increasing bronchospasm due to the atenolol so we arranged for a Bp re check to see if we could get her off the atenolol.
I must just mention her thyroid is almost back in range after 4 years just 10 points off normal now! kidneys holding noramlly and liver enzymes down and all great, some good news.
So, I took her for the recheck of Bp, friday was the earliest they could do and oh my god quite frankly, the girl who tried to do it had trouble ultimately because the pump attached to the cuff was leaking and she kept getting very high readings. Eventually they found another nurse and I gave them my pump from my Bp ometer I use for work which they rigged to fit their cuff being used. This time the Bp was 280! I almost fell, so apparently her Bp has gone from 80 to 280 in ten days just from reducing the atenolol to an eigth instead of a quarter but her thyroid is more settled, I absolutely dont know what to make of it at all or even if I trust any of the readings.
Now to make matters even worse this weekend I dutifully increased the atenolol back to a quarter and within an hour and a half Anna has been going onto her side with open mouthed inspiration and panting on open mouthed expiration her whole head heaves up and down with effort and in resp distress, its awful to see then shes getting into the sphinx position with her mouth slightly open on inspiration and exp deep, laboured abdominal breathing and occasional panting the rate is okay but not the nature not at all.She also then will let out a loud sigh or deep pant of air then settle for a while.
Both yesterday and today I shot some ventolin (albuterol0 at her both times this happened the open mouth heaving stopped after 20 mins but oh not my heart rate or tears,
Mainly she still just wants to sit up and whenever she goes on her side she often gives a big sigh out and also coughs after a bit and sits up.
I am sorry this is so long, I am so so frightened and scared for her its untrue, I would and wanted to rush her up to the hosp but the last two times we were there as you know we were just ignored and sent back home. I did leave a message for noola the cardiologist on friday after I was given the 280 reading to let her know that and also that Anna was orthopnic, I heard nothing back at all.I was and am so angry with her.
I have to get her seen tomorrow and am really worried they are going to refuse to xray her or do anything meaningful due to her age and the way she plays up, Im concerned she might have failure or an effusion due to the low or high Bp and also that her bronchoconstriction is being worsened both by the atenolol and the carbimazole which she has shown signs of allergy to previously, her fur is awful now and falling out she is nauseated (which i treat) and also has had more trouble swallowing water and aspirates since shes been on the carbimaziole again,
Well, thank god I guess I let it all out, Thanks so much for listening everyone, I truly have no one to talk about it here who understand the way we feel about our cats, I so need either strong courage to face off any negative vet care or maybe now its me thats wrong and I should give up the way they make me feel I should, Its so so hard when I dont feel she has had every chance given to her yet though,
well, many Hugs, Im sorry to be so B miz and desperate, I simply love you all an awful lot,
Sent from Yahoo! - the World's favourite mail.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]