Need cardiologist- Tampa Bay, Pinellas Area, Florida

  • mrniceiii
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30 7:26 PM
      Hi All,

      I'm looking for a cardiologist in the Tampa Bay area in Florida (that
      includes Pinellas, Tampa, Clearwater, Saint Petersburg).

      Our cat Hobbes has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, mild left ventricular
      hypertrophy, a murmur, & mild chronic renal failure. We're looking for
      a cardiologist who is easy to talk to, willing to discuss with us what
      we research on our own (such as in this group), & who is willing to
      let us stay with Hobbes during all his procedures.

      If anyone has any recommendations please post here or email me directly.

      Recently he had been sleeping way too deeply (not waking up when we
      came & went), & when we checked his heart beat it was really slow &
      erratic. He actually continued to sleep while we checked it! So, we
      reduced his Atenolol (now at 2 mg) to 1/3 of his usual dose. He's
      sleeping less deeply, but not eating well. His heartbeat is more
      regular, but he looks a bit uncomfortable when he rests. He is
      wheezing slightly, so we are concerned that he may be retaining fluid.

      Any referrals, advice, suggestions would be most welcome!

      Frank
    • Leslie Lawther
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30 9:39 PM
        Frank, I live in Tampa and was referred to Dr. Alan Spier at FVS in Tampa.
        Dr. Spier is a cardiologist and very good, we were very pleased with the
        care our Wheezie had there.

        You can get more information @ www.fvs.com It's a wonderful facility -
        We're very lucky to have it here in Tampa as it is one of the best in the
        country.

        Leslie =^..^=

        --
        Leslie =^..^=

        To leave the world a better place - whether by a healthy child, a garden
        patch, or an improved social condition - that is to have succeeded. That
        only one life breathed easier because you lived - that is success.
        ---Ralph Waldo Emerson