Max

  • gritty2669
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hello all. I am new to the group as my 7 year old Max cat was
      diagnosed last month with HCM and was hospitalized twice in the month
      of October. Max seems to be doing well now on his meds 2 12.5 mg lasix
      pills a day 2 1/4 tablets of atenenol and 2 1/2tabs of enalipril. I am
      concerned now about Max's eating habits as it seems his appetite has
      truly decreased. He likes variety in food but he does not eat all that
      much. Anyway, I just wanted to take time out to introduce myself to
      the group and thank you all for being there.

      Suzanne
    • Sharyl Cline
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
        They have some great info on helping a hesitant eater.
        Sharyl Pequita and Angel Albert

      • nala nala
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
          Suzanne,

          Hello and welcome.
          I am sorry to read about Max today, but am
          happy that he is doing well.

          You mentioned that he is not eating well.
          Sometimes when cats get a bit dehydrated
          (a hazard of lasix) they don't eat as well.
          You can feel Max's gums to see whether
          they feel slick (good) or tacky/rubbery (dehydrated).
          You can also pinch a bit of the skin on his scruff
          to see if it snaps back into place readily or
          if it is slow to go back into place.

          I am sure you are keeping an eye on his
          respiration rate and effort. Some kitties,
          when they start to go into CHF lose their
          appetite.

          I hope that you and Max are here for a very
          long time!

          Nala with Camille and Cozette in spirit.

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • elise eisfelder
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 24 5:18 PM
            I introduced Max several years ago with a heart murmur that turned out to be benign. He is now 16 3/4  years old. He has chronic pancreatitis, high blood pressure which is controlled with amlodipine, and in November was diagnosed with diabetes. The last one we are working on regulating. His murmur has gotten worse since January and I am to make an appointmnet with a cardiologist for staging and diagnosis. I was given the names of Jarret and Tsugawa at VCA in West L.A. If anyone has an opinion would you please email me? The possibly worse issue is he either has an infection or a mass on his lung. It is being sent to a radiiologist. There is a chance it could be asthma but my vet doesn't think so.

            Elise
          • ERIC LEE
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 25 7:37 AM
              Hi

              Are you using any supplements? I was using vetri-science cardiostrength in case it could help.

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 25 8:13 AM
                  Hi Elise,

                  Have you tried checking on yelp?
                  Here's the page for VCA West, there's tons of review on there: http://www.yelp.com/biz/vca-west-los-angeles-animal-hospital-los-angeles

                  I only read a few on Dr. Tsugawa, she seems to have good reputation. Please check the page out.

                  -Zoe