The stray that stayed

  • binthrdontht
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2007
      I'm new to this group, but the first thing I'd like to say is that my
      heart goes out to Ellen and her family over the passing of Saki. We
      tend to lose more pets in our lifetime than people and they are just
      like the loss of a person, in some instances more of a loss. I do
      believe they have a soul and will be with you once more.
      I've just had a cat, a stray that stayed, diagnosed with
      cardiomyopathy. His ultrasound showed a venticle 3X the normal size.
      He'd hang around and sleep in the backyard with another stray(we have
      three indoor cats as well). I've since built them an insulated house
      but bring them in at night due to the cold. He gets a half ml of lasix
      twice a day and a half ml of benazepril. I never monitored his eating
      or eliminations since he was outdoors, but since he's in at night I
      notice he hardley eats anything and his urine is dark (kidney
      failure??). The only reason I took him to the vets originally is
      because he has a large belly, which turned out to be from the
      cardiomyopathy. Ever since the diagnosis, he seems more lethargic. I
      wonder if it is from the meds. I work 12 hour days and watch my 4 year
      old niece so time is at a premium. Any advice would be appreciated.
      Kenise