Some good news for a change

  • psychoforkaatz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2007
      I know this is a bit off topic but I have mentioned on here before
      that I was having my SSA disability case Monday and just wanted to let
      you all know I WON! This after 7 long years of fighting. What this
      means is that now I will be able to have some money to devote to doing
      more for Josie, who BTW is doing well after her very rough weekend,
      although we are still struggling with her appetite and getting weight
      on her. She does totally love turkey from my brothers thanksgiving
      meal, I guess I will have to get a turkey breast from the store as
      that is mostly what she wants to eat right now. Anyway, I have been
      worried about not being able to afford another echo or xray to keep an
      eye on her heart condition and now I will be able to, as well as some
      medical needs for my other cats. What a major weight off my chest
      knowing that even tho I know I could lose her at any moment, it wont
      be because I cant afford to get the tests done to monitor her
      condition or afford her meds. There is nothing worse than knowing
      something could help your beloved pet but being unable to afford it
      financially, even tho many of us would be willing to give up all we
      have to make them better. I feel very lucky right now, for Josie's
      strength to have survived another stroke and now for winning my case
      which will improve not only my life but the lives of all my cats. I
      hope my good fortune will spread to all of the rest of you struggling
      with sick kitties and we send out much love also to those of you who
      have recently lost your loved ones.

      Kendall