Re: Desperate Situation, advice please

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2007
      Sue and Leah have covered most of it, and I agree with them. I have a cat of
      frusemide and a cat on spironolactone for fluids in different areas. The
      hyperthyroid can also cause heart disease or make it worse.

      GIving fluids to a cat with heart disease can make things worse. Like Leah
      says, if she has thrown a clot, then it is likely she has some form of heart
      disease- for the clot to form in the heart there needs to be some turbulence in
      the blood flow. I would recommend a heart scan and the right diuretic if you
      think she is able to fight this.

      Please let us know how Julia goes on.

      Lyn :)

      www.furkids-uk.com